The Sound Democrat Mill is a seven stamp five concentration table ore-processing mill built in 1905- 1906 and remodeled in 1909. It is a typical amalgamation and concentration stamp mill built to treat gold and silver-lead ores. Located in an isolated valley at 12000 feet in the San Juan Mountains it is the last standing stamp mill in the productive Eureka district and one of the most complete stamp mills remaining in Colorado.Get A Quote
The Sound Democrat Mill is a seven stamp five concentration table ore-processing mill built in 1905- 1906 and remodeled in 1909. It is a typical amalgamation and concentration stamp mill built to treat gold and silver-lead ores. Located in an isolated valley at 12000 feet in the San Juan Mountains it is the last standing stamp mill in the productive Eureka district and one of the most complete stamp mills remaining in Colorado.
In June 1906 the Silverton Miner noted the arrival of J. B. Ezell to begin active work on constructing the companys twenty ton capacity mill. Unfortunately the newspaper does not give the details of the mills construction unlike the other contemporary mills being constructed in the Eureka District at that time. The Gold Prince 100-stamp mill the Hercules the Sunnyside and others are described in detail but these were major operations and the details of the Sound Democrat may have been overlooked because it was too small.
The newspaper does refer to the Sound Democrat mill as to be a ten-stamp mill. No evidence at the site today indicates that the mill had ten stamps. Instead the mill contains two batteries of two Nissen stamps each. The Chicago Mining World of October 17 1905 described the Nissen stamp battery as an advance in ore crushing. A two-stamp battery was equal to a regular five-stamp battery. The Sound Democrat mills four Nissen stamps were thus equal to ten regular stamps. In September 1906 the mill was reportedly test run.
Joe Terry remodeled the mill. The plant was increased in size and new machinery was put in place. For the first time the mill produced concentrates. The Silverton newspaper noted that a trial run was made at the mill which proved quite successful after which the mill was given a thorough overhauling and much new machinery was added. Unfortunately no details are given as to what machinery was added. Terry may have added to the mill the three-stamp battery to the four Nissen stamps. The battery is a typical prospect battery.
The California Stamp Mill. Pulverizing ore by mortar and pestle was an ancient technique. Prospectors used small mortars to test quartz outcrops during the Gold Rush but the same principle had been used long before to develop a mechanical crusher common in European mills.
The Gold Rush lives on at the Kentucky Mine and Museum in Sierra City Today the stamp mills are silent excepting two times each day when the Kentucky Mine stamp mill is once again brought to life to give folks on the twice daily tours of the mine and stamp mill a close up encounter with an operating stamp mill.
We have the best deals on Antique Mining so stop by and check us out first Vintage Antiques For Sale ANTIQUE 3 STAMP STAMP MILL CRESCENT CITY CALIFORNIA GOLD MINING EQUIPMENT. 5 000.00. Antique Mining Ore Cart Gold Car rail car Old 1800s end dump old gold car. 1 998.00.
This stamp mill used to extract gold and silver from ore was built in 1914 and originally used in Bland New Mexico.Bland was located at the bottom of a canyon approximately 60 feet wide part of the Cochiti Mining District Sandoval County New Mexico
Dec 25 2012 Stamp Mill A stamp mill was a plans to erect a 20 stamp mill at the foot of the gold rush in 1874 when he constructed a large 40 stamp mill at the base of Gold Stamp Mill mining Stamp Mill Process Gold Stamp hammer Mill. Stamp Mill For Gold Mining Process. This materials all kinds crushing devices as well as design stone
My family took this guided tour of a real stamp mill. The mill is a Joshua Hendy 1860s era mill built in San Francisco. The guide we had was a colorful character who included interesting facts about the mill and the times. He took us into the stamp mill and explained the
This stamp mill used to extract gold and silver from ore was built in 1914 and originally used in Bland New Mexico. Bland was located at the bottom of a canyon approximately 60 feet wide part of the Cochiti Mining District Sandoval County New Mexico approximately 8 miles southwest of the Los Alamos National Labs and 1 hours north of Albuquerque in the Jemez National Forest.
At that time gold was 18 to 19 an ounce. An ore cart holds roughly one ton of quartz ore. Poor management resulted in few profits.
Cossak Mining Co. operated the mining efforts in the area from 1914-1916 and built thisfour-bank stamp mill into a 35-foot-high building on the side of a canyon wall. The mills were gravity fed. From 1914 to 1916 about 33000 tons of gold were mined and milled at the Bland site.
The decline and fall of the Cochiti District was due to several factors among them the low grade of ore the decline in width veins high transportation costs and mismanagement. In 1938 the town and several mining claims were purchased by Thomas and Effie Jenks. He was a mining engineer and she was the head Harvey Girl at historic old La Fonda on the Santa Fe Plaza. His intention was to start up a gold mining operation again in Bland but he died before his dream could come to fruition.
The stamp battery is the heart of a stamp mill and the mechanical separation process to break the various components of the ore apart freeing the gold from its enclosing material. To start the mined rock enters the mill and passes over a grizzly like a grate- kit M1 that has bars spaced to allow rocks that the stamp battery can handle to .
In 1988 Joe and Vickie Jones owned the land upon which the 20-stamp mill was located and they donated the entire 18008217s mining operationto the Superstition Mountain Historical Society.
Museum board memberEd Siefert flew museum chairman Clay Worst and Larry Hedrick toNew Mexico in his private plane to check out the site. Deep in a beautiful canyon at about 8000 feet the group stood in awe as the historical significance of this donation began to sink in. An entire functional 20 stamp mill in four banks standing 21 feet high riveted their attention.
The mill waslocated in a building about 85 feet by 60 feet in area and 35 feet tall. The mill was built by F.M. Davis Ironworks of Denver. It was belt-driven from a jackshaft by steam power. The mills were gravity-fed. Ore dumped from wooden hoppers passed through a 16 inch jaw crusher into the holding bins. The ore then moved into four feeders that supplied the stamps.
The discharge from the stamp mills was then pumped into several circular above-ground steel cyanide tanks 15 feet tall by 28 feet in diameter. Here gear-driven paddles agitated the cyanide-mixed solution and pumped it to a bullion house.
The bullion house still contained many old hand tools zinc precip boxes a tilt-pour furnace ingot moulds drill steel and a number of old mule ore-packs used with sawbuck pack saddles. In addition some ore cars trucks and many items too numerous to mention were made available to SMHS.
A gold mill houses the equipment necessary to remove gold from the surrounding waste rock either by concentrating it or by mechanically separating it The stamp battery is the heart of a stamp mill and the mechanical separation process to break the various components of the ore apart freeing the gold from its enclosing material.
At the corner of Granite and Arizona Streets one block from the historic Finlen Hotel and up against The Richest Hill on Earth Old Lexington Gardens is the site of many of Buttes firsts. It has Buttes first stamp mill an ore crushing machine from 1867.
Filed in March 16 1966 the GOLD BOND STAMP CO. MINNEAPOLIS CASH VALUE 1 MILL GOLD BOND covers PROMOTING THE SALE OF GOODS OR SERVICES OF OTHERS THROUGH THE ISSUANCE AND REDEMPTION OF TRADING STAMPS
The Standard Consolidated Mining Company continued mining ore treating ore at its stamp mill and using cyanide to treat tailings from both the mill and the old ponds until late 1912. That winter the company closed the stamp mill and cyanide plant and focused on
Copyright © 2020 Finsa Machinery Company All rights reserved